Scientific Literature and Documentation
On this page, you will find a selection of core scientific literature and documentation of Palladio. General information is available here, tool-related documentation (tutorials and screencasts) is located in the tools section, and developer-related documentation is placed in the Palladio Developer Wiki.
Key Publications in English
- Overview of the Palladio Component Model (28 pages, PDF): Palladio introductive paper
- WOSP paper, "Model-Based Performance Prediction with the Palladio Component Model": The Palladio approach in short (11 pages, PDF, won ACM Best Paper Award at WOSP2007)
Steffen Becker, Heiko Koziolek, and Ralf H. Reussner. Model-based Performance Prediction with the Palladio Component Model. In WOSP '07: Proceedings of the 6th International Workshop on Software and performance, pages 54-65, New York, NY, USA, February 5-8 2007. ACM.
- Technical Report: "The Palladio Component Model": Deals only with the (meta-)model, not the analysis techniques, simulation, and code generation. Contains the generated documentation of the PCM metamodel. (193 pages, PDF)
Ralf Reussner, Steffen Becker, Erik Burger, Jens Happe, Michael Hauck, Anne Koziolek, Heiko Koziolek, Klaus Krogmann, and Michael Kuperberg. The Palladio Component Model. Karlsruhe Reports in Informatics 2011,14, Karlsruhe, 2011.
- IEEE TSE paper: "Architecture-Based Reliability Prediction with the Palladio Component Model": Focus on reliability prediction with Palladio (29 pages, PDF, requires IEEE access)
Franz Brosch, Heiko Koziolek, Barbora Buhnova, and Ralf Reussner. Architecture-based reliability prediction with the palladio component model. Transactions on Software Engineering, 38(6), 2011.
- IEEE Software paper, "Facilitating Performance Predictions Using Software Components": Easy to understand overview on the Palladio approach (7 pages, requires IEEE access)
Jens Happe, Heiko Koziolek, and Ralf Reussner. Facilitating performance predictions using software components. Software, IEEE, 28(3):27 -33, may-june 2011.
- Journal of Systems and Software (JSS) paper, "The Palladio component model for model-driven performance prediction": The MediaStore example system (19 pages, requires Science Direct/Elsevier access)
Steffen Becker, Heiko Koziolek, and Ralf Reussner. The Palladio component model for model-driven performance prediction. Journal of Systems and Software, 82:3-22, 2009.
A full list of publications, mostly related to Palladio, is available in our full publication list. The "Karlsruhe Series on Software Design and Quality" has full details on the scientific background of Palladio.